We’ve received a lot of advice for improving Connect since we added the networking component earlier this year. We’re now planning the next version, so here are the main contenders:
- a ‘wall’ for messages (like Facebook)
- some way of getting around the replication delay when invites are sent
- an optional message when you invite a connection to join with you
- send an instant message directly from Connect and see individuals’ online status
- send an e-mail from Connect
- forward/email profiles to other users
- send a text (SMS message) to someone’s phone
- add information about business trips so people can see if anyone in their network is travelling and plan to meet them, perhaps by changing their own travel plans (like Plazes)
- more detail on what people are currently doing (for example, their current project)
ranking individuals on how helpful they are
As ever, it’s a matter of balancing budget against the effort, so we may not be able to implement all of them this time around.
Yes, photo-sharing was a massively-popular suggestion – it’s currently sitting on the “too difficult” pile while we attempt to get our heads around that particular challenge.